The annual meeting hosted by the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland in late May, brought global leaders and experts from governments, finance, and academia together to discuss the Davos Agenda. The latest iteration of the Agenda, Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) stakeholder capitalization has fast risen to the top of boardroom discussions for all businesses. Browse the link here to find out more on how business can deliver on ESG promises.
The conversation has put pressure on a proliferation of ESG regulatory requirements and voluntary standards. It has shifted from the reporting process to defining global consistent ESG standards and ‘science-based’ common metrics.
With such increasing stakeholders’ awareness, WIFA’s ESG Committee will host a stakeholder & governance panel session. Partners from KPMG will lead the ESG regulation discussion and representatives from various financial investors will share their views on ESG developments and explore the trends that will shape the year ahead.
Date: Wednesday, September 22, 2022 | 6:30 – 8:00PM HKT
Venue: JP Morgan Office, 29/F David Rockefeller Room, JP Morgan, Chater House, 8 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
- Harshika Patel, CEO, JP Morgan Hong Kong, and Head of Strategy, Asia Pacific
- Yvonne Leung, Head of Managed Solutions, J.P. Morgan Private Bank in Asia
- Alva Lee, Partner, Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance, KPMG Hong Kong
- Bonnie Leung, Head Sustainable Investing Strategists, BlackRock Asset Management North Asia Limited
- Christine Yu, Co-Founder of Sophia
- Olivia Wong, General Manager Environmental & Social Responsibility, MTR Corporation Limited
- Hannah Cassidy, Partner, Head of Financial Services Regulatory, Asia, Herbert Smith Freehills