Impact of COVID-19 on HK’s Economy
Lessons Learned from the 2008 Financial Crisis
We all remember the 2008 financial crisis and the long-term impact it had on livelihoods everywhere. As we continue living through a global pandemic, many wonder: Can this health crisis which has turned into an economic crisis also turn into a financial crisis?
Meena Datwani, who was at the Hong Kong Monetary Authority at the time, believes that despite the economic implications, the financial sector is suited to weather this challenge. In fact, various regulations and policies that were adopted and implemented by the HK government post 2008 will mitigate the financial impact of Covid-19. If you are just as curious as we are to understand whether lessons learned from 2008 are helping us manage a post-Covid world, join us! We will talk to Meena about the transformative effects of Covid-19 on our economy, and deep dive into the various monetary and macroeconomic policies implemented post 2008 that are shaping the current economic responses.
Join us for the WiFA Emerging Talent Series Webinar.
How to join:
- Pre-register on this page
- Add to your calendar (optional) – we will send you a reminder 24h & 1h prior to the start
- On the day of the webinar, “Zoom” link will be sent to your mailbox to join.
- To avoid any last minute issues, we recommend you download and install Zoom beforehand
- Join zoom 5 minute ahead for a prompt kick-start
- Once you have successfully joined the webinar, please be considerate and set your microphones on mute